Guy Fawkes that old rascal that tried to blow up the British house of Parliament has had his anniversary celebrated again. It is celebrated in many places around the world with the blowing up and lighting of fireworks. Catherine wheels, Fairy lighters, rockets and the like, were all duly set off amid great excitement by all the youngsters in the neighborhood. It’s funny how kids like blowing up things. Those loud noises make poor Tom shiver and shake. Eventually, he dives under the bed in an effort to get away from them. For a few days after he still tends to jump with any sudden noise. Still fun was had by all except the animals. The high pitched noise I think hurts their eardrums. Well, it’s over today and I am going to be making a fanfare of a different sort. I am telling you about a rather cute theme that has been made available as a Premium theme but is available free for you to download.
Let us take a look at the theme.
The designer made is without a client in mind. As you know, you usually fit the theme to suit a client. Now he designed it to give away as a freebee so there was no client whom he knew with likes and dislikes. That makes the design a little more difficult, as it requires a universal appeal. Thinking about this, children are universal to most people so child appeal was obviously in his mind. This is what you get the feeling of when you look at the graphics in the design. The colors mustn’t overwhelm but must also be appealing to the majority. What do you look for then? What does everyone want? Fun! A multipurpose fun theme is what was required and produced. Overall I think he has done very well with this effort. It’s not aimed at any one person but to please the vast majority.
1. One of the considerations taken into account was that it should load fast. Speed of loading is important to most people. You don’t want to sit around waiting for something to upload. You want to up and running in the fastest possible time.
2. The graphics had to be light and therefore, not overload the system. That was the first point. That was part of the principal of making it light to load.
3. The second decision taken was to make it two columns.
4. Extra content had to go to the bottom of the page while the page could stretch as necessary.
5. Widgets can be used if you require them but aren’t absolutely necessary. They are situated on the left along with the content and on the right you will find the latest posts.
There are a few things you need to check if you intend using it.
You will need to check the compatibility with WordPress 3. It was fine with 2.6. Some of the files used are .png files so make sure that the paths for the images are correct. There are a couple of rules for CSS in the file which you will find inside your folder on your theme.
That’s all for today folks. Talk soon.